I continue to celebrate my favorite season as it yields it's freshest fruits!
It IS Peach Season, all the more reason to smile...
Peaches n Cream 'Baked' Alaska!
Although I gave in and turned on my oven, it was on for only 3 minutes! That's it...
A while back, I was looking for something to do with peaches other than pie...something quick, simple and delicious. This peaches and cream dessert is a wonderful alternative to peach pie a la mode! An elegant, yet simple dessert...ready in no time!
• Prep time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 3 minutes; Total time: 13 minutes; Servings: 8
• 4 Large Peaches (preferably white)
• 4 ounce(s) cream cheese, softened
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup cinnamon ice cream (can use vanilla if preferred)
• 2 egg whites, room temperature
1. In medium bowl, mix softened cream cheese with ice cream until smooth and return to freezer to set while preparing remaining ingredients; then preheat oven to 450.
2. Beat Egg whites w/ a pinch of salt on medium until they become frothy. Add sugar, gradually, while continuing to beat until stiff peaks form.
3. Slice peaches in half and remove pit making small well in center if each. If needed, cut just a small slice off bottom of peaches so they will stand evenly. Fill each well with approx. 2 tsp of ice cream/ cream cheese mixture then top with enough meringue to cover the cream and bake until meringue is set and golden...watching closely (approx. 3 minutes).
Sun kissed faces glow,
Eyes twinkle from the light,
Balmy summer breezes warm the night -
To my delight -
No other season makes me feel so right!