Sunday, January 1, 2012


Another Year Raced By At Record Speed!




Blurred visions in the rear view mirror...



So many times our focus is on the past and what would have happened if we had done something differently.
 
 



Perhaps there were a few near misses along the way?!



Too often we let "What ifs" interfere with what we do today.




But ...


Hopefully there was time to see the beauty all around...




And Quiet Moments To Reflect



Each new year brings with it an opportunity
to begin again….a clean slate…




 And turn in a new direction leaving behind what is past...




 "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."
(Philippians 3: 13-14)



 Time To Sail Towards The Fountain...



Of Living Water...




Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."
(John 4:10)




OPEN YOUR HEART AND DRINK


LIFE GIVING WATER…




A FAUCET…


OPENED AND FLOWING FORTH…



~


"For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light we see light"
(Psalm 36:9)


 
Looking Onward and Upward...




To See...


His Hand...


Reaching Out To Me...






Right Where I Want To Be!




"See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me."
(Isaiah 49:16)






13 comments:

Unknown said...

Lorraine.. What a awesome post and gorgeous pictures... Happy New Year...and enjoy all that
God has in store for you in 2012

Simple Home said...

So wonderfully said, and beautiful visual images to go along with your words :)
Happy New Year to you and yours!
Blessings,
Marcia

mangiabella said...

the peace this post brought me tonight.....how I longed to sit on that bench with you in person and have an afternoon of reflection. I am looking so forward to drinking up that LIVING WATER, drenching in it....that's right where I want to be too bella, right alongside you....oh the though of us being engraved on the palm of His hand....the LOVE that has been lavished upon me. Each year seems to be passing more quickly than the one before, but I am filled with anticipation of all this year holds, of all that HE will do in our lives, through good times and bad.....you have been the most wonderful traveling companion sweet bella, how honored I am to be taking this journey with you

God Is Enthralled By Your Beauty said...

Loraine...refreshing words bringing the beautiful photos into even better focus! You are beautiful and lovely!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I get to know you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the water flows through this post and speaks so much truth to me. That bench beside the water was particularly meaningful for me ... Lorraine, thank you for sharing your heart on your blog. Your vision, voice and creativity have made for many healthy stops this past year. Unique. And inspired. May God continue blessing your voice here.

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful reminder as we set our sights on 2012 and all that God has planned for us this year. I'm guilty of spending too much time looking back and regretting things I might or might not have said or done. Thank you for reminding me to keep looking up instead.

Deborah Ann said...

Beautiful imagery for a new year! So need the refreshing that comes when we look upward for our new promises...

I pray this is your best year ever, Lorraine! So glad we got to meet, and I'm honored to be your friend...xoxo

Gina said...

Happy New Year Sweet Lorraine! Always looks up and forward. I try to only learn from the past not change it. If we did we would miss all the wonderful people who have wandering into our lives, although I don't think it's by chance that you are in mine. Hoping for only the best this year for you. I'm thinking 2012 is going to be a great year for us all.
Hugs,
-Gina-

Connie Arnold said...

It's great to find your blog through Ruby, and I'm following it. This is a beautiful post!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Amen..don't know how I missed this, yet it was a word for me today. I need to embrace the today and the beauty in it and let go of the "what ifs"

Happy New Year

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

As always, a beautiful message...something to reflect upon on a crisp Sunday morning...I've loving the quote from Psalms...in your light, we see light. Have a fabulous day, my friend~

Elisabeth said...

Hi Lorraine-Beautiful messages illustrated by beautiful photos! May you be enfolded in His peace and light throughout the year, and always!


If we are blind, your light continually shines
If we are deaf, you continue to speak to us persistently.
If we pray, you are there, if we do not pray, you are there.
In our sinfulness and in our righteousness you are there.
In our pain and in our joy, you are there
In our living and in our dying you are there
You are always there for us.
We pray that In the same way your light has been there for us, we will allow it to be there for others!

A multi-dimensional life said...

Amen and amen Elisabeth!
Oh Lord, you are there!
Bless you Elisabeth,and may His peace and light also continue to enfold you, always!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...