Thursday, June 10, 2010


It has been such a ride participating in the Real Women of Philadelphia Challenge with Paula Deen. I just found out that almost 4,000 women have joined the RWoP network to spread the love with each other and Philadelphia Cream Cheese enriched recipes.
While I didn't place as a semi-finalist, I am still smiling about the fact that Paula mentioned me on the site and featured one of my recipes...my "no bake pineapple fluff cake". What a thrill that was! I already talked about this and featured it previously on this site. You can scroll down to find it and the video if you like, but right now I want to say a few words about the women who did place as finalists...sixteen amazing women from all walks of life (Cathy Hazzard, Jacqui Nicholson; Mandy Heaston; Ann Miller-Tobin; April Slayden; Annette Gladys; Stacey Shields; Caryn Ross; Cynthia Price; Sheila Cutchlow; Lenore Nolan-Ryan; Suzanne Clark; Laura Vitale; Lindsay Rudolph; Debbie Fabre;& KC Quaretti-Lee)! These women have presented us with some amazing recipes during this challenge. Not only have they worked hard, but they've also managed to share a little about their personal stories with us...each just as interesting as the next.


This contest has become a genuine community of women who love to cook; love to share; love to serve; and even pray for their fellow "philly friends"!
It's been a great experience, but it is not over...these 16 ladies will now go to Savannah to compete to become one of four finalists! It is going to be a difficult choice to make! Glad I'm not judging...but I am cheering all of you on! Ladies, although I can't be in Savannah, I'll be so excited for all of you as I watch from home! And remember...those who do not win in Savannah will still be participating in our next leg of this journey...the recipe book!

In addition to these semi-finalists, I've met some great women with warm hearts and so much talent, whom I am now honored to call friends!

Good luck ladies! And to all of us who remain hopeful for our own futures...Remember...

All you have to do is simply wait for His timing to bring it to you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...