Monday, June 7, 2010

Let me go on Growing, Growing Up!

I never wanna be what I wanna be
Because there's always something out there yet for me.
I get a kick outta living in the here and now,
But I never wanna feel I know the best way how
Because there's always one hill higher with a better view,
Something waiting to be learned I never knew.
So 'til my days are over
Never fully fill my cup,
Let me go on growing,
Growing up.

— Anonymous

(I actually heard a radio program with the late Art Linkletter who read this poem at the end of his speech. I loved watching him as a child - his show "kids say the darndest things". I suppose if you remember that, you are at least as old as I am! :) His speech revealed so much about his interesting life; the obstacles he overcame; and what a gentle soul he was. As much heartache as he experienced in his life, he was gifted with a great sense of humor and his spirit shined bright! I thought this poem was great and it really does say alot about the way I am wired!) Yes, Let me go on growing, growing up!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...